Web Site Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Hong Kong Junks’s web site for personal, non commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Hong Kong Junks’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Hong Kong Junks at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
- The materials on Hong Kong Junks’s web site are provided “as is”. Hong Kong Junks makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Hong Kong Junks does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall Hong Kong Junks or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Hong Kong Junks’s Internet site, even if Hong Kong Junks or a Hong Kong Junks authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Hong Kong Junks’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Hong Kong Junks does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. Hong Kong Junks may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. Hong Kong Junks does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Hong Kong Junks has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Hong Kong Junks of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Hong Kong Junks’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Hong Kong without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Web Site.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
Rules & Regulations Hong Kong Junks Service
Hong Kong Junks has made all of the necessary arrangements to comply with the relevant Hong Kong Marine Department regulations. All of our junks have Class IV certification and are insured in accordance with Hong Kong law.
In order to prevent miscommunications & ensure there are no disagreements on the day of the trip we have constructed some guidelines that we would like you to go over and please take into consideration. Should you have any further questions, or wish us to clarify any issues, please do not hesitate to contact us.
The individual who made the booking and of which his or her name is on the booking party’s confirmation sheet is responsible for the final payment and or collecting payments off each individual guest.
They must pay HK$4,000 in advance as deposit. The balance must be paid in full either into our HSBC Bank Account provided or via a payable cheque seven days before using the boat. In cases of cancellation the deposit that has been paid is non-refundable
The HK$4,000 security deposit will only be returned if the booking party cancels the junk trip at least 4 weeks prior to the booking date. If the party insists on cancelling the junk booking anytime after the 4 week deadline the HK$4,000 security deposit will be forfeited and they will be charged a minimum booking fee of HK$8,000 or the fee relevant to the actual booking, which ever is the greater less security deposit
2. On Board Passengers & Safety
The number of passengers who board the junk may not exceed the maximum capacity otherwise the captain has the right to refuse to start the vessel’s engines. In case more passengers show up than originally confirmed & quoted for, any additional passenger will be charged a minimum of HK$650 per person or the fee relevant to the actual booking, which ever is the greater regardless of whether or not food & drinks are sufficient.
All bookings are required to spend the minimum of HK$10500 (15 people) for Day Junks and HK$ HK$9750 (15 people) for Night Junks. After the minimum number of people is reached, all other persons are charged on a per head basis.
For public holidays, all bookings are required to spend the minimum of HK$14000 (20 people) for Day Junks and HK$ HK$13000 (20 people) for Night Junks. After the minimum number of people is reached, all other persons are charged on a per head basis.
3. Governing Law
The junk is only to be used for leisure purpose and not for any commercial or illegal use. The junk must also remain within Hong Kong territorial waters at all times.
4. Additional Cargo or Equipment
When the booking party plans to bring any considerable audio equipment, Hong Kong Junks needs to be informed 14 days prior to the charter date and it must be approved by Hong Kong Junks
5. Acts of Nature
If there is a change in the weather for safety reasons, the captain of the boat has the right to choose the safest route to a destination and/or safe location to dock. The passengers are assumed to embark and disembark at the same point. If special arrangements have to be made, they should be discussed beforehand with Hong Kong Junks and might incur additional costs.
The standard rental time is 7 hours for a day trip and 4 hours for an evening trip before 12 midnight. The maximum travel time between pick up & drop off cannot exceed 3 hours. Any additional motoring hour (or part thereof) will be subject to a fuel surcharge.
6. End of Trip
At the end of the junk trip, upon arrival at the drop-off point, passengers are not to take any leftover food or beverages.
7. Booking Changes (Weather and Mechanical Failures)
The junk rental date cannot be changed for rain, typhoon signal 1-2, thunder warning, yellow or red rain warnings or any other bad weather conditions.
However, if a Typhoon Signal 3 or is hoisted or a Black Rainstorm Warning is issued in the 12 hours before the pick-up time booked, Hong Kong Junks will automatically postpone the junk trip to a later date in agreement with the booking party or a full refund will be given in the form of a credit note for use within 12 months.
However if a Typhoon Signal 3 or higher is hoisted or a Black Rainstorm Warning is issued during the junk trip, the Captain has the right to return to the point of pick up immediately. In accordance with the Marine Ordinance Hong Kong Junks would like to emphasize that no compensation will be made for the remaining unused time.
If mechanical issues were to arise prior to the confirmed date and the junk is not able to sail out, Hong Kong Junks will provide a boat similar to the one booked. If no other junks are available. Hong Kong Junks will inform the booking party immediately and agree to either change the date upon agreement of the booking party or refund the HK$4,000 deposit.
In case a mechanical break down was to occur during a trip, the captain of the boat shall try his best to alleviate the problem. If this is not possible after one hour, the captain will make adequate arrangements to take all passengers back to shore.
In the event the junk has already been out for more than half of the booked time or has already reached its destination, no compensation time will be given. If compensation time is returned, it can only be used on a regular day [no special holidays], or an agreed fee between Hong Kong Junks and the booking party can be arranged to be returned to the individual who’s name is on the confirmation sheet.
In the case that the actual number of passengers attending the junk trip is less than the final count of confirmed passengers agreed in advance, Hong Kong Junks charges the outstanding amount after deposit based on the final count of confirmed passengers agreed in advance and not on the actual number of passengers attending the junk.
Refunds are therefore not applicable.